CPD Best practice domestic hot water
What will be covered?
Our Domestic Hot Water (DHW) in commercial applications CPD seminar is a big topic, so we have split this over 3 modules:
- Part 1: DHW Design Overview - An overview of commercial DHW systems and the key points to consider when designing a DHW system to ensure sufficient hot water is produced.
- Part 2: Practical DHW Solutions - A look at the key terminology, whilst also learning about different system and equipment types used in DHW production and storage. You will understand the difference of Indirect vs Direct Hot Water Systems
- Part 1: DHW Safety and Water Treatment - Discover the potential problems associated with DHW generation and what precautions you can take to avoid them.
- Part 2: DHW Legislation and Incentives - A summary of the current and pending UK and EU legislation that affects DHW, including ErP and Building Regulations Part L2. This module also looks at the financial schemes available to encourage the use of more efficient DHW systems.
- DHW Sizing - An overview of what to consider when sizing a DHW system including some example calculations to estimate the DHW load profile of a building before considering how to make suitable appliance selections to match the loads, and the pros and cons of these solutions.
In most cases we would recommend that a typical CPD seminar would include 1 module depending on your needs and available time. We can also offer all 3 modules as a half day course, whereas a tailored option could be delivered in 60-90 minutes.
Who should attend?
This CPD training is suitable for anyone involved in the management of hot water in commercial buildings, including consultants, contractors and specifiers. The content is of value to both those new to DHW and those more experienced, by choosing the modules suited to your individual needs.
What are the benefits of attending?
- Discover the key considerations to ensure the system design can produce sufficient hot water
- Find out how legislation such as ErP impacts your product selection
- Master how to size for different sectors and load demands. You’ll even learn a useful sizing formula to help you accurately estimate the peak load requirements
- Get up to date with DHW terminology
- Understand the key differences and benefits between Indirect vs Direct Hot Water Systems
- Increase your awareness of safety and quality issues, such as scale and Legionella
Attending a Hamworthy CPD seminar
We can offer our CPD seminars online, or in person - at our site or yours. Our flexible approach means that we are able to tailor our training to suit your business. This hot water CPD is most often delivered by our National Sales Manager Kevin Potter, who has over 32 years’ experience in the sector.
How to book?
Please speak to your Area Sales Manager to discuss booking one of our CIBSE approved CPD Courses