Boiler controls - unwiring the jargon
This CIBSE approved CPD seminar will help you understand control terminology and how best to set up your commercial boilers for highest efficiency and performance.
What will be covered?
This CIBSE approved CPD seminar is all about controls. We explain the jargon that is often used and look at how boilers can be setup for maximum efficiency.
Topics covered include:
- Why are controls important?
- How electricity works
- How to control a boiler
- Internal/external controls
- Volt free contacts
- 0-10v control
- Multiple boiler controls – cascade vs unison
- Comfort and efficiency controls
- Domestic hot water (DHW) controls
Who should attend?
If you’re involved in hot water and heating system design and installation in commercial buildings then this CPD is for you. Consultants, contractors and those responsible for heating & DHW specification would all benefit from attending.
What are the benefits of attending?
- Learn the jargon used in controls – VFC, 0-10V, OHMS and more
- Understand why control setup is important for best efficiency
- Improve your knowledge of different boiler control methods
- Evaluate the pros and cons of cascade and unison control
- Learn about comfort and efficiency controls
- Hamworthy CPDs count towards a CIBSE members annual CPD hours
- You’ll get a certificate of attendance and summary of extra related reading
- Chance to discuss related industry topics with our presenter.
Attending a CIBSE approved Hamworthy CPD seminar
We can offer our CIBSE approved CPD seminars online, or in person - at our site or yours. Our flexible approach means that we are able to tailor our training to suit your business. Each CPD seminar typically lasts 45 minutes to 1 hours. A lot of our customers choose to run these at lunchtime so that there is minimal disruption to the working day.
How to book?
Please speak to your Area Sales Manager to discuss booking one of our CIBSE approved CPD Courses